Karuizawa Climate & Temperature
- Karuizawa, Japan is at 36°21'N, 138°33'E, 1005 m (3297 ft). See map.
- Karuizawa has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Karuizawa is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.7 degrees Celsius (45.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.1 °C (43.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 3°C (37.4°F) on average falling to -8.3°C (17.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.5°C (54.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.4°C (31.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23.4°C (74.1°F) and average low temperatures are 14.1°C (57.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.4°C (59.7°F) during the day and lows of 5.1°C (41.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1211.3 mm (47.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1211.3 Litres/m² (29.71 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Karuizawa you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Torres, Brazil where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Karuizawa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Karuizawa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Karuizawa Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Karuizawa, Japan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: