Karuizawa Climate & Temperature
- Karuizawa, Japan is at 36°21'N, 138°33'E, 1005 m (3297 ft). See map.
- Karuizawa has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Karuizawa is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.7 degrees Celsius (45.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.1 °C (43.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 3°C (37.4°F) on average falling to -8.3°C (17.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.5°C (54.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.4°C (31.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23.4°C (74.1°F) and average low temperatures are 14.1°C (57.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.4°C (59.7°F) during the day and lows of 5.1°C (41.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1211.3 mm (47.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1211.3 Litres/m² (29.71 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Karuizawa you would come out nearest to the climate station at Torres, Brazil where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Karuizawa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Karuizawa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Karuizawa Climograph in English Units
Climate of Karuizawa, Japan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: